Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Whales

A few weeks back when I was having one of my better weeks I remember dreaming distinctively of several blue whales.  It was almost like they where in a canal with very crystal blue water.  There was a bridge that went over the canal right above where they were.  I don't remember think anything strange in my dream...just that the sight was beautiful.  I might have had a thought that is was a little odd seeing whales there.  But I was startled by their appearance.  The crazy thing is that shortly after this dream I saw a news article about this sculpture


It is exactly the same view except the horses were whales.  I love horses and have my own so this switch out in my subconscious has a special meaning to me.  I have no idea if this is at all a prophetic dream but when I saw the sculpture I got goosebumps.

Anyway...what I could dig up on the internet (via www.thecuriousdreamer.com)

whale
Ancient, grand, wisdom, intuition, or the subconscious. Authentic personal power, integrity, or good will. Dreaming of this animal can represent:
  • Having too much of one of these qualities, or that you could benefit by being less this way
  • Not having enough of one of these qualities, or that you could benefit by being more like this
  • Someone or something in your real life with whom you associate one of these qualities (an event, situation, threat, etc.)
For more clues, pay attention to what the animal was doing or any particular characteristic that stood out.

bridge
A passage from one phase to another in your life, or a transition to a new beginning
  • The ability to move above the challenges in your life, escaping difficulties (as in a dream bridge that lets you cross over dangerous waters below)—or taking a shortcut or more direct route
  • A connection from one dream area to the next
  • A transition from or one point in time to another point
  • The connection between one part of your life and another part
  • A connection between you and another person
For clues about the meaning of your dream bridge, consider what is being portrayed on each side of and under the bridge, and what role the bridge is playing.

I haven't been able to makes sense of this one yet.  Suggestions are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment